As the holiday season approaches, I am slowly getting ready for our classroom holiday party. You can read more about that here. During our party, the students rotate to five or six different stations. One of the stations is always a cookie decorating station, but this year I wanted to do something different. Earlier this summer, I made slime with my niece and nephew. Since then, they have been obsessed with making slime. Their slime obsession got me to thinking… the kiddos at school would love making slime too! Since I know some students may not celebrate the holiday, I opted for SNOWMAN SLIME! It’s super easy, and only uses three ingredients (glitter optional)!
I received free product from Oriental Trading in exchange for writing this post. All creative ideas and opinions expressed are purely my own.
SNOWMAN SLIME RECIPE
This super easy, no mess snowman slime recipe will have your kiddos shivering with excitement!
- 1/2 Cup – Elmer’s Glue-All White Glue
- 1/2 TSP – Baking Soda
- 1 TBS – Opti-Free Pure Moist Contact Lens Solution
- 1/4 TSP – Iridescent Glitter (optional)
Note: You will want to be sure that you use a contact lens solution that contains boric acid.
- Pour 1/2 cup of Elmer’s Glue-All White Glue into a mixing bowl.
- Stir in 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Add 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons of contact lens solution.
- Mix until the slime gets firm. If the mixture feels sticky, add a little extra contact solution.
- Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon of iridescent glitter on each side of the slime. Knead.
- Decorate your container to look like a snowman face with these pre-cut foam stickers.
- Stretch, squeeze, squish and twirl the slime!
Note: If you’ll be having your kiddos make these, you will want to cut the recipe in half, so that the slime fits perfectly inside the container.
SNOWMAN SLIME VIDEO TUTORIAL
Check out this easy to follow video tutorial for step-by-step directions.
SNOWMAN SLIME GIFT TAGS
Each batch makes enough slime for approximately three containers, so this snowman slime recipe is also a great inexpensive gift idea for your students. Simply attach the FREE gift tag to your container, and you’ll have a gift your kiddos will melt for!
DON’T FORGET IT… PIN IT!
If you’re still looking for another holiday gift idea, check out these DIY snowman face mugs and Snowman Soup kits.